Chairman of the Board
As Chairman, Mr. Choufani presides over 11 funds under AGF management, that invests in various sectors. He is responsible for devising and executing the overall strategy to manage and grow AGF's key assets and fund size.
- ★ Over 40 years of experience in international
business transactions including commercial banking,
insurance, business and project development, and
high magnitude contract negotiations
- ★ Experience and influence with Middle East investors
raises capital and co-investment opportunities.
- ★ Has successfully structured, negotiated and
promoted 85 transactions amounting to over
US$350 billion with dignitaries and businessmen
from the MENA particularly GCC region, U.S., China,
Europe and South America.
- ★ Former Chairman of publicly traded company on
- ★ Former Chairman and General Manager of two
banks, including Lebanon-based Euromed Bank, a
commercial bank associated with Credit Lyonnais.
Mr. Choufani was extensively involved in monetary
policy and banking affairs as well as advising on
- ★ Former President of Oriental Insurance &
Reinsurance Co., S.A.L.
- ★ Former sole representative of Iran Insurance Co. for
- ★ Structured $500 million multi-year development
project between the Lebanese govt. and China
Harbours Engineering Co.
- ★ Holds a BA from Cairo University.